2018 marks 4 years completion of Prime Minister Narendra Modi as Prime Minister of India of the Government of India. In the last 48 months a lot of work has been done by Prime Minister Modi. Click here for more information. This year is special as it marks 145 years of Indian arrival in Suriname. On June 5th 1873 the first ship arrived in Suriname from India. The Hindustani Surinami are an integral part of the Dutch Society. Stichting OFBJP and Stichting India Light celebrated India Day Holland and Chai Pe Charcha at Zaantheater in Zaandam on 16 September 2018 (Sunday) to celebrate Unity in Diversity and Indian-Dutch Friendship. This year we were happy to collaborate with our first Dutch partner Wilde Ganzen who is known across the Netherlands and the world for doing charity work. Wilde Ganzen last year celebrated 60 years for supporting development projects to combat poverty.
The key highlights of the Chai per Charcha are
- The Chai pe Charcha started with patriotic Hindi songs by Mousumi Guha
- This was followed by an inspiring speech by Chan Santokhi
- The Key organisers Wilde Ganzen and Stichting India Light gave a presentation to tell about their projects.
- The Gellukige Ouderen Program was presented to create awareness to look after our Elderly by Priyanka Singh
- Honorable Minister of AYUSH, Shripad Naik gave a Video Message to our audience
- The growing friendship between India- Netherlands was shared by Mr. Ryan Tewari and Mr. Leon Husson in a group discussion with Mr. Tirumal Naidu and Ms. Pratima Singh
- A Mass Yoga was conducted by Ms. Shivantika Srivastava and Ms. Sheela Vyas
- Great ideas were shared by Mr. Peter Meijer and Ms. Helen De Ruiter on How Indian Community Can Integrate Better in Dutch Society in a group discussion with Mr. Jayaprakash Bhoopalam and Mr. Venkat Vishnumolakala.
- All speakers, guest were honoured by Mr. Jinder Singh Auijla with OFBJP Stoles sent by Dr. Vijay Chautihawale and Captain Richa Sood.
- We thank OFBJP Unity Partner, Shiva Hindu Temple for sponsoring 400 samosas.
- We thank Wilde Ganzen and Stichting Indian Light for organising the venue and their amazing collaboration.
- The Chai pe charcha was followed by India Day Holland which was covered by Sarnami TV.
- The Chai pe Charcha event was hosted by the OFBJP full time volunteers Vinayak Desai and Mayank Bhardwaj. The event ended with a get-together for all the guests.