OFBJP continues to strenghten Indian-Dutch Friendship by contributing to Dutch Society problems and promoting the philosophy of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam which means world is one family to the Dutch. At this point, OFBJP has established excellent contact with Amstelveen Gementee.
– OFBJP Unity partners are determined to make a difference and strengthen Indian Dutch friendship.
– Dr. Mirjam van ‘t Veld has been Mayor of Amstelveen since July 2014. Dr. Mirjam van’t Veld who is the sixth best mayor in the world. For more information click here.
– OFBJP contacted Dr. Mirjam van ‘t Veld to introduce OFBJP, promote philosophy of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam and share ideas on how OFBJP along with Unity partners can help the Dutch Society problems such as Broken Families, Elderly, ICT, Immigration, Integration, Anti-terrorism etc. OFBJP was delighted to receive clear direction and decision from Dr. Mirjam van ‘t Veld
– OFBJP Unity partners came together to join forces to execute the vision and direction of honorable Mayor of Amstelveen, to support the Elderly living in Amstelveen under her flagship program #mensenmakenamstelveen.
– This program is a huge success because of the continuous guidance and support of Ms.Anne Kaiser – Program Manager “Mensen maken Amstelveen and dedicated efforts of Unity Partners, Elderly homes, volunteers and volunteer organisation who came forwards to help Elderly in The Netherlands.
OFBJP launches Gelukkige Ouderen Program with following goals:
- To promote Cultural Diversity & Generation Diversity to transform society to be more inclusive.
- To restore Indian-Dutch values of “ Old is Gold” and “Respect & Care for the Elderly”
- To improve the well–being and care for the Elderly living in Amstelveen thus creating more happy families.
- To support the Elderly Homes in Amstelveen
- To build a caring and loving society by inspiring people living in The Netherlands to contribute to looking after the Elderly.
Gelukkige Ouderen Program Team: Members involved since inception
Pratima Singh, Gireesh Kedar – Stichting OFBJP
Gerard Zwerver – Community Care
Anne Kaiser -Amstelveen Gementee
Ryan Tewari – NICCT
Raja Raman – Shirdi Sai Samaj
Avi Sharma – Shiv Temple
Koesma Basdew & Sheela Vyas – GOPIO
Anita P. Sewsahai-Hanoeman – Stichting India Light
Amstelveen Gementee: Anna Berkum, Margreet Nugteren
Groenlaan: Hetty Verhaar
Brentano: Linda Zuidema, Marijke Terpstra
Participe Amstelland: Anja Ulkeman, Elena Nabatova & Caron Honold
Volunteers: Neetu Sethi, Rupina Katyal, Manninder Manu, Shivantika Srivastava, Sharyu Sadalg, Vinay Kulkarni, Umang Jani, Jayaprakash BK, Anke Bollen, Dr. Veenu Ganesh, Deepa Sikha, Mohini Shinde, R. Rishi, Raj Deshmukh, Shivantika Srivastava
Gelukkige Ouderen based on the principle of Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam which is a Sanskrit phrase, which means “the world is one family”
Sheela Vyas has helped to define the meaning of Family – ” The people who love you and give you energy” It can be a friend, neighbour, children, family members, past colleagues, teacher etc. For more information Click Here
OFBJP program members with our Elderly:
Brainstorming with Program Members: